Tap Dance!

More
6 years 1 week ago #3202 by Amanda Poole
Amanda Poole created the topic:
Does anyone know the actual tap dance?

I've taken tap before. So, I have experience I just cannot, for the life of me, figure out her tap dance...no matter how many times I pause, rewind, pause, rewind. Lol. I found a step sheet on the internet. And, it's wrong. They go by her sounds, not the actual steps, (does that make sense?)

So, I was wondering if anyone actually knew the tap?

If so, TEACH ME. lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #3214 by Mina
Mina replied the topic:
There's 6 different camera shots throughout her tap dance (two that don't even show her legs) and as you mentioned, the sounds were probably added/altered during editing. That part is further evidenced by the tapping sounds even when she's on the carpet. There's probably no way of knowing how many takes were pieced together for the end result, and if (1) she performed it identically every time, and (2) if it was edited properly. I don't think that you could prove any single theory on her choreography. Make it your own!

More
5 years 11 months ago #3296 by Ruth F-W
Ruth F-W replied the topic:
www.cosmosfactory.org/the_tap_dance.shtml

I don't tap, so:
step falap falap falap falap falap step brush
R L R L R L R L
1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 7 8

means absolutely nothing to me, but hopefully it means something to you.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5797 by Liz Berry
Liz Berry replied the topic: What I came up with for the tap dance...
Fake Tap Dance

A friend of mine with tap experience helped me get this close approximation together for our last show.

I was told: from faraway, in the semi-dark, it did actually look a bit like tap dancing. BUT I'm at an advantage because we perform on a mini golf green and it's got an edge to where you can't actually see my feet.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Liz Berry. Reason: didn't actually link the link