Topic-icon Eddie's Teddy

More
5 years 1 week ago #4157 by Shawn - FDO

Hello All,

This morning I suddenly had a need to figure out what model of teddy bear Dr. Scott has in the movie. Not sure why it struck me to do so, but it lead to some fun research. I've got it down to two bears that I think are close, but nothing seems perfect. What do you think?

First Bear

The Steiff Classic 1909 Teddy Bear, still sold as a replica at www.steiffusa.com/productdetail.aspx?productid=000614

The only thing I see wrong with this replica is that the ribbon and paw pads obviously do not match the movie. It seems Steiff produced a couple versions of the replicas throughout the years, so I find it believable that there was a version with the changed colors.

Second Bear

The Chiltern Bear from the 50's. www.bourtonbears.com/item.php?ref=999-3157&back=/1940.php%2340

This one seems pretty close to me except that it's fur looks too long. It is possible that it was worn down within the 20 years between production of the bear and Rocky.

Gotta go run to catch a bus so I've no time to post pics of Scott's, sorry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #4161 by Shawn - FDO

More
5 years 1 week ago #4162 by Mina

I wouldn't factor the bow in your search - because they are almost ALWAYS slant-cut on the commercial bears - and every other prop in the movie with red ribbons (re: weights, Rocky's b-day tag) have the same double-miter cut.