Virgin event organizer has some questions.

More
3 years 6 months ago #5894 by Janet Weiss
Janet Weiss created the topic: Virgin event organizer has some questions.
There is no RHPS event in my new hometown therefore i wish to organize my own. That being said this enterprise comes with its fair share of questions and pitfalls. I will appreciate all advice from veterans.

How do i deal with copyright infringements?
Can i use RHPS assets on facebook or flyers to advertise?
Do i need permission for the projection of the movie?

Thanks you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #5896 by Shawn - FDO
Shawn - FDO replied the topic: Virgin event organizer has some questions.
Hi there,

I've never actually started a cast from scratch, but I did take over and currently manage the Delaware cast, so hopefully I can be of some help.

You should have no issue with using RHPS assets on facebook or flyers. The worst that can happen is that FOX would say, "Hey, stop that", but it is such a small blip on the radar and in the long run would be making them money anyway. If you are going to use Rocky fan art please be sure to talk to the artist first to get permission. I've been pushing lately to stop the spread of uncredited art shared throughout the community.

Yes, you will need to get the rights to project the movie. If you perform at a movie theatre generally they can handle securing the rights. Instructions for who to contact if you do it on your own are available at www.rockypedia.org/Basics_about_the_RHPS...a_showing_of_RHPS.3F

If you have not yet approached a theatre here is a little bit on information on doing that www.rockypedia.org/RHPS_Casts#How_can_I_...y_cast_to_perform.3F

The Rocky Horror Sourcebook has a lot of good information for once you get your show running. www.rockypedia.org/Sourcebook/Introduction

Cheers,
Shawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.