Janet Pink Dress

More
6 years 5 months ago #1184 by Emily Rose
Emily Rose created the topic:
I'm trying to find a good a-line skirt for my janet dress. I already have the top part via mina's blog, however I'm trying to find a good fitting A line skirt for my dress. What have you used before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #1189 by kazelle4711
kazelle4711 replied the topic:
I personally hate patterns with a vengance but Its always worth scouting Ebay for a 1960s A line mini dress pattern.

kazelle4711.yolasite.com/online-store.php

More
5 years 6 months ago #4251 by Wild and Untamed Frank
Wild and Untamed Frank replied the topic:
Etsy can be a gold mine. I lucked out on finding the perfect dress. I just had to add the collar, cuffs, and buttons.

More
5 years 2 months ago #4804 by erantiel
erantiel replied the topic:

Wild and Untamed Frank wrote: Etsy can be a gold mine. I lucked out on finding the perfect dress. I just had to add the collar, cuffs, and buttons.

So true. I've been working on Janet's pink dress the last couple weeks. I found quite a few on etsy that I could have easily converted to look like Janet's. However, it ended up being cheaper for me to make it, because most of the ones in my size were priced around $40, which was about the same as what I payed for materials to make it. However, I think my homemade dress comes a lot closer than converting any of the pre-made ones would have. I got a lot of help from my mother, because this was the first time I've used a sewing machine for anything. I used McCalls pattern 6599, hemmed the skirt a lot shorter, and changed the neckline a bit. I made the collar detachable, it velcroes on in the front and ties with a ribbon in the back.