Other cosplay

More
4 years 10 months ago #5127 by Cyber Bishop
Cyber Bishop created the topic:
I am sure most here do the RHPS cosplay (there are some casual fans I am guessing that do not), but is there anyone that does any other kind of cosplay?
Steam Punk, Comic book, mid evil?

I have dressed as Frank on a couple of occasions for the RHPS..

I also am a member of the 501st Legion (Star Wars Imperial costume group) and I have a Cartoon version Cobra Commander (from Gi joe).. I also go to ren fests and have a kilt..

Anyone else cosplay?

THX for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #5128 by Shawn - FDO
Shawn - FDO replied the topic:
Ben (FDO's other cast manager) and myself have been getting into Ghostbusters lately. We got suits together to see Minions of Gozer perform and now we're working on packs.

As for the kilt bit it isn't so much cosplay for me, but I play with the Ulster Scottish Bagpipe Band (or rather played, took time off and not sure when I'm going back), so I've got myself a couple kilts. (None my tartan, the Hall tartan is kinda ugly, haha)

More
4 years 10 months ago #5131 by Cyber Bishop
Cyber Bishop replied the topic:
I wear the blackwatch tartan. There is a growing contingency of Ghostbusters all over, I know down here they have gone from 2 or 3 to about 30-40 within a year and a half..

I want to do a Sinestro Corps costume eventually too.

More
4 years 10 months ago #5135 by erantiel
erantiel replied the topic:
I would cosplay but I never go anywhere in a costume except for Halloween and Rocky. :/

I went as Louise Belcher from Bob's Burgers for Halloween, but I'd made the costume much earlier this year. (Super easy.) Most of the other costumes I've made have been Rocky ones, but since I find I really enjoy making costumes, I'll probably branch out sooner or later. Soon I'd like to do a Sam Shakusky (Moonrise Kingdom) costume.

More
4 years 10 months ago #5151 by Ruth F-W
Ruth F-W replied the topic:

Cyber Bishop wrote: I am sure most here do the RHPS cosplay (there are some casual fans I am guessing that do not), but is there anyone that does any other kind of cosplay?
Steam Punk, Comic book, mid evil?

I have dressed as Frank on a couple of occasions for the RHPS..

I also am a member of the 501st Legion (Star Wars Imperial costume group) and I have a Cartoon version Cobra Commander (from Gi joe).. I also go to ren fests and have a kilt..

Anyone else cosplay?

The first member of the 501st that I met was a retired Riff Raff, and Ed Reed (a really fine Brad from California) has a Boba Fett costume that must be seen to be believed. The first "cosplayer" I met was a woman from Atlanta who did Rocky costumes in addition to a bunch of anime characters I'd never heard of.

There are several other folks who dress as characters from other films, notably when performing them (Sins o' The Flesh in LA does quite a lot of that; Simply His Servants is now apparently regularly doing Cry Baby; etc.). Others do it just for fun (my spouse Wally made a Megaforce costume and did a Greatest American Hero getup on general principle). And in the UK some Rocky folks turn up as Space Vixens from "Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens" or characters from Taboo when going to the show (both of these are live plays).

More
4 years 10 months ago #5177 by Kev JB
Kev JB replied the topic:

Ruth F-W wrote: Simply His Servants is now apparently regularly doing Cry Baby

You are absolutely incorrect.

SHS has never before and will most definitely never ever do Cry-Baby.

--k

More
4 years 10 months ago #5181 by Ruth F-W
Ruth F-W replied the topic:

Kev JB wrote:

Ruth F-W wrote: Simply His Servants is now apparently regularly doing Cry Baby

You are absolutely incorrect.

SHS has never before and will most definitely never ever do Cry-Baby.

--k

Kevin is of course right. Simply His Servants has done other films, such as Clue. It's the Denton Affair (Cincy, not Cleveland) that's done Cry Baby a couple of times. ("Regularly" was intended above as signifying "apparently not a one-off.") My apologies for the error.

More
4 years 10 months ago #5199 by Opera Phantomess
Opera Phantomess replied the topic:
I perform as Blind Mag from Repo! The Genetic Opera with my cast, so I have costumes for her (of which I need to upgrade, make more screen accurate, and form to my body a bit more).

I really do not cosplay much otherwise. I tend to only go for characters I like and match my eyes and hair (I do not know how coloured contacts sit on my eyes and I am not a wig person). Problem for me with all of this is money, and I have none. I have plenty of friends who do cosplay a laundry list of characters, however.

More
4 years 10 months ago #5201 by larryv
larryv replied the topic:
I'd also like to point out that Ed Reed is not retired. He's simply gone to the Home Of Happiness and we're very happy to have him :-)

As for other cosplays - Rocky Horror theme shows are often the seed for other costumes, but I've dressed as Bizzaro and Mr Freeze at NY ComicCon as well as the Sex Robot from the Whitest Kids You Know sketch.

Larry.

More
4 years 10 months ago #5203 by Cyber Bishop
Cyber Bishop replied the topic:
Bizarro and Mr. Freeze... NICE!!