Riff Raff wig for Takeover scene

More
4 years 7 months ago #5271 by Stiffy Riff
Stiffy Riff created the topic:
im modifying a Riff Raff wig from a Halloween store. how would you get it in his bannana space hair style in short time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #5307 by Ruth F-W
Ruth F-W replied the topic:
Bruce Cutter's the only Riff I ever met who had a really good-looking space wig; I'll ask him what he did.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you try Elmer's glue. Hairspray and gel might get you most of the way there (or might not). You'll want to go more permanent with a wig than you would with your own hair.

Most of the advice I've seen on punk hairstyles suggests using a mixture of egg whites and sugar for maximum staying power, but that's not practical for a wig unless you want to attract vermin.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6867918_spike-hair-elmer_s-glue.html suggests using the Elmer's gel glue.

I'd try it with something else other than your wig first as a practice run.

More
4 years 7 months ago #5308 by Ruth F-W
Bruce Cutter's the only Riff I ever met who had a really good-looking space wig; I'll ask him what he did.

In the meantime, I'd suggest you try Elmer's glue. Hairspray and gel might get you most of the way there (or might not). You'll want to go more permanent with a wig than you would with your own hair.

Most of the advice I've seen on punk hairstyles suggests using a mixture of egg whites and sugar for maximum staying power, but that's not practical for a wig unless you want to attract vermin.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6867918_spike-hair-elmer_s-glue.html suggests using the Elmer's gel glue.

More
4 years 7 months ago #5309 by Stiffy Riff
Stiffy Riff replied the topic:

Ruth F-W wrote: Bruce Cutter's the only Riff I ever met who had a really good-looking space wig; I'll ask him what he did.

thank you is this him? planetriff.tripod.com/bruce/vegas.jpg it looks great

More
4 years 7 months ago #5310 by Ruth F-W

Stiffy Riff wrote:

Ruth F-W wrote: Bruce Cutter's the only Riff I ever met who had a really good-looking space wig; I'll ask him what he did.

{snip}

thank you is this him? planetriff.tripod.com/bruce/vegas.jpg it looks great

Can't see the image, but bruce/vegas means it's probably him; Bruce was Saturday's Space Riff at the 25th in Vegas. He looked amazing.

More
4 years 7 months ago #5311 by Stiffy Riff
Stiffy Riff replied the topic:

Ruth F-W wrote: Can't see the image, but bruce/vegas means it's probably him; Bruce was Saturday's Space Riff at the 15th in Vegas. He looked amazing.

planetriff.tripod.com/bruce/ here it is. tell him he is awlsome. so are you.