× Welcome to the RockyHorror.org forum!

Tell us and our members who you are and about your interest and involvement with the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Coffin Clock

More
1 year 9 months ago #5967 by John Hearty
John Hearty created the topic: Coffin Clock
Hi all, Major Virgin here. This is my first post. This year for Halloween I decided to add some RHPS theme elements to my haunt. To my dismay with close to 200 people that walked through my home haunt no one recognized anything beyond the Jump to the Left poster. I spent several weeks building my replica of the coffin clock and wanted to show it to fans here that may appreciate it. My daughter introduced the bucky inside to some as her grandfather. Here's a pic. More available if interested including some of the build process.

To me the main trick and challenge to making the build more accurate was bends for the sides. I also projected the only full picture I found (the one from when it was auctioned) of the original against the piece of wood that became the lid to help get the proportions right and all the art, which my wife and daughter helped with very much. I did one thing different to make it unique, see the face. It has a backward running movement to go with it. Hope you all enjoy it. John
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #5968 by Shawn - FDO
Shawn - FDO replied the topic: Coffin Clock
Hi John,

That build turned out amazing. I'd love to see photos of your build process.

Cheers!
Shawn

More
1 year 5 months ago #5976 by John Hearty
John Hearty replied the topic: Coffin Clock
Unfortunately I seem to have lost the memory card with all the build pics, but here's another pic with two angles of the finished clock. Suffice to say the build involved lots and lots of clamps for all the glued parts.
Attachments: